Wednesday 24 July 2013

....between the journey and the rest.....

I'm getting there, after really getting fed up of not getting anywhere. I was 85kg in April and after today's hot and sweaty ride I dipped below 80kg but I expect after re hydrating I'll be back up in the 80's, well I did like the eighties ;) I still don't look like Fabian and I doubt I ever will but losing the weight has certainly improved my cycling. I haven't done anything special or followed the latest diet craze, just ate less and exercised but not really more than I already was. Perhaps just pushing myself more on my rides and doing longer rides did the trick, who knows? I can't see it myself but hey that's me but the scales say the weight has gone.

I'm a lucky boy to live here, it's great mtb country and I planned a big ride to take in some great downs and the necessary ups to get to them. It only takes me about five minutes or so depending on direction and I'm out on the hills. One bonus of shift work is having weekdays off which means quiet trails, not many people about today, I quite like the solitude sometimes, headspace the wise old bird called it.

Top of North Hill....


Top of Ley Hill, North Hill and Wales in the distance

Looking over to Webbers Post

Singletrack heaven :)
A great ride I even managed a PB up the last hill of the day even though it didn't feel like it, perhaps my sitting up and spinning is getting quicker?

Here's the Strava bit.....

Here's some eighties goodness......


No comments: