Thursday 3 January 2013

.....hey mister, where you headed?..........

So it's the new year, will I make resolutions, join a gym, go on the wagon or just plod on as usual ? I think I've mentioned before what I think of gym's and the amount I drink is minimal especially compared to others (you know who you are). Resolution, Noun : A firm decision to do or not to do something.

I was feeling a little bunged up and did offer to take the missus out for a coffee but she positively encouraged me to go out on my bike, slightly worrying ? I thought I'd try a route I'd been thinking about doing for sometime it's in a cycling guide book I have and I also took a map, quite the explorer. Out to the forests and along the fire roads for the first couple of miles. The surface was a little grippy and to be honest a bit boring slogging upwards but it was quiet heading through the forests and the views over the hedge were fantastic as always.

Dunkery looming.....


I didn't see a soul spinning along, the odd squirrel and a buzzard and it was quite eerie looking through the trees, I was expecting to see a hobbit at any moment whilst I rode along on my precious. I had to stop a couple of times just to check the route but I managed to stay on track but at least it broke up the monotony of the fireroads. 


I can see work from here...

just been up there....

Once at the edge of the forest it was downhill for a bit which skirted around Black Hill and then down and back up to Withycombe Hill. Back on familiar ground now and in the hills above Dunster and a very wet descent down to Dunster. 

Dunkery again...
a hobbit might of made it.....
A thoroughly good ride overall, good to sweat out the festive indulgences and find new trails to add to the personal book of rides. Here's the Strava bit....



No comments: