Friday 4 October 2013

....because it's happened doesn't mean you've been discarded........

It's been a bit of a warm, damp, breezy week so I decided to stick to the mtb, wet and slippy on a mountain bike is all part of the fun. On Wednesday I decided to do one of my usual loops in reverse mainly because it meant attempting a more challenging climb. With the seasons changing riding the mtb becomes more of a challenge, wet roots and rocks and mulchy leafs add to the difficulty on climbs and I think I put too much air in my rear tyre resulting in less traction. I nearly made it up the big climb but spun out on a steep bit right at the top, darn greasy rocks. The route went like this......




Same again today, the weather guess app was telling me sunny but it wasn't, after a stroll on the beach with my retired buddy I got the mtb out and hit the hills. Once I got to the top of the hills above Dunster I could see the rain hanging above Dunkery so was glad to have given the road bike a miss. Another happy muddy ride on the big green bike, went something like this.......



In between getting muddy I finally got some personal artwork, I've been putting it off for years but having friends who give you belief and support means a lot, just hope I can do the same for them? Sometimes you have to have a sense of humour and a sense of hope in times of adversity.....


....come up screaming........

No comments: