Tuesday 30 April 2013

...I'm finding hard to believe I'm in......

Sun! Quick get the bike out! I checked the early morning conditions with my retired buddy and then took to the twitterverse for sartorial advice, deceptively chilly was the word so I dressed accordingly but wore my new Half Baked Brand Somerset jersey (other counties are available). Pastures new today after the climb to Wheddon Cross which I did in my best time yet, must be doing something right, I'm still about 200th out of 200th but the only person I want to beat is myself ;) The warmer air helps us wheezy kids, certainly feels like all cylinders are firing and not just spluttering along but it was deceptively chilly.

Down the valley into Devon and up the hill and down to Bampton, all new to me, rolling hills today and not statuesque moors, made a pleasant change. Quiet wide roads with the odd gentle up but pretty flattish for me which meant I had to keep pedalling which is a bit of a novelty. After passing several bus shelters I think I left it too late to eat and was suffering a bit once I'd stopped and started heading for home. The road from Wiveliscombe to Elworthy was deceptively hilly and the legs were aching a bit but once I got to the A39 I perked up and spun home.

Bit short of things to say today, have a tune :)

Here's the Strava bit......


No comments: