Friday 29 March 2013

....I am one of those melodramatic fools....

I blame the weather but then again I blame a lot of things and have a cracking list of crap excuses but at the end of the day it's all down to me. After making some particularly childish and pathetic comments to someone I hopefully can still call a friend and their subsequent metaphorical slap in the face I woke up and smelt the coffee ;)

Many years ago I remember doing some management training thing and being told about reaching your level of incompetence, basically promoting people into jobs until they become no longer competent at their job hence reaching your level of incompetence. It was recently suggested to me that's where I've got to in terms of cycling and my general fitness and weight but I don't accept that. I don't feel like I'm getting any quicker and after losing about a stone in the year or so I seem to have ground to halt. I basically need to get my arse in gear and start working harder, stop blaming other things and crack on. I've had some great advice from some people who know what they are talking about, done it, still doing it and got the Rapha pro team jersey ;)

I've decided to try and do more exercise in addition to the cycling, I've bought some running gear and even the kids have volunteered to come out with me for moral support. I'm trying to be positive but I'll need some encouragement because if I don't see instant results it tends to have a negative effect on me. I also tend to worry about what other people think of me but a wise person told me life's too short and that I should seize the day, they may have mumbled it in Latin but I'm not that posh ;)

It all starts now but in celebration of me leaving home on April fools day back in 1987 and never going back that's the anniversary date, lets see how I do, should be fun :)

No comments: