Sunday 25 November 2012

.....everybody hurts.....sometimes......

Depression, stress, anxiety call it what you will, it can be caused by many things in your life. What you might think of as trivial might be the trigger for something within someone else. I've suffered from depression in the past, it was a dark period in my life which I hopefully have now overcome. It wasn't until I spoke to someone about my feelings and my less than acceptable dark thoughts that I realised I had a problem. I was prescribed medication which I refused to take because I'd heard too many stories about that leading to other issues. In my case I had to change jobs and get away from what was the cause which luckily for me worked.   Of course this may not work for others as their problems could be caused by a number of things that perhaps have built up over time. As I have got older I try to be more relaxed and positive but we all have our bad days. Perhaps I shouldn't blog about such a personal issue, but that's where I went wrong in the first place, bottling things up until it was nearly too late.

What a terrible few days weather wise, rain, wind and then a bit more. I was determined to go out and of course had planned a route. When I woke it was still a bit dull, I checked the local news and social media to check conditions. Pictures of flooded streets in the town and stories of blocked roads east of town but no mention of west. I got ready and headed out on my planned route, the roads were covered in debris and big puddles lined my route to Porlock. I must thank that Volvo driver for going through one particular puddle at sixty as I went through it, cheers ! I got to Porlock only to find signs telling the me the Toll road was closed so I decided to head down to the Weir instead. I only got half way and found a bloody great puddle which I didn't really fancy heading through so decided to head back to town and do a loop.

No I'm not going the other way....
Big puddle round the bend....

Glad I got out but glad I didn't venture anywhere too rural as lanes around here can be a bit rough at the best of times, here's the Strava bit......

1 comment:

TrevorW�� said...

You were braver that I was this weekend....I decided to train indoors instead.
We have all certainly had some serious rain these past few days and most of my regular training loops are flooded......

-Trevor