Monday 17 August 2015

........I'm trying to get better because I haven't been my best........

It has been a while but I felt an update of sorts was needed if anyone is interested that is?

I've lost it somewhere I don't know quite where. You know the thing, my mojo, my enthusiasm to ride my road bike, the reason why? I'm still riding but it doesn't feel the same I can't quite explain why. I can count the number of events I've done on two fingers this year, one I hated most of the way around because I felt crap mentally and physically. The other I really enjoyed because I rode on my own and set out to achieve something which I did. As last year I rode between Birmingham and Taunton for a great person and good cause again. This time we headed south and we had the weather, the wind and a peleton of sorts which made things easier.



Sadly I bailed on a ride with a mate basically because I didn't want to ride, get up, drive somewhere, I really couldn't face riding with people and struggling to keep up. I'm not proud.

Whilst out riding the other week someone went past me going up a hill, no acknowledgement, no hello which I always think is a bit rude but sadly the norm. Over the crest of the hill they decided to turn at a junction, hit some gravel and subsequently fell off into a heap. Was it karma? I stopped and helped them up and checked they were okay until one of their mates arrived and I carried on, wondering.

Something needs to change I probably just need to bloody cheer up and have some of that carpe diem. I need to get out and ride, enjoy the view, go and see some mates that's if they want to see me of course. I'm sure things will get better........

In the meantime I've always got my mtb..........







No comments: