Tuesday 11 February 2014

.........an old man's taking polaroids but all he captures is endless rain, endless rain.........

Not blogged for a while, riding opportunities are few and far between lately, work and weather putting pay to any big rides especially on the road bike. I've been getting out on the mtb, getting muddy all part of the fun but even that's starting to wear a little thin now. On one of my rare road rides I took a tumble on a wet cattle grid, only bruising and nothing broken and I was okay too. Still taking pics though out on the bike and on foot, Exmoor is still stunning whatever the weather.


One thing I am pleased about is my improvement in stamina to go for longer rides on the mountain bike. I'm starting to link up loops and sometimes do twenty mile rides which a year or two ago I'd not even contemplate. It makes the riding more varied even if riding up muddy tracks is bloody hard work, I'm sure it'll be all worthwhile in the summer.


I even dusted off my old full susser and took it for a spin, no strava, no garmin, back to basics, 26" wheels so very retro, it felt like hard work though and to be honest I didn't enjoy the ups but the downhill's where a blast.




I tried some new climbs today, I've been down them but strangely I always think when I'm heading down I must come back up this way! Hard work, mud, water, rocks but I got up eventually, more route options but I think I'll try them again when it's a bit drier.


Even with all this crappy weather I'm so lucky to live where I do, hills, trees, sea and the beach, it's that statuesque beauty thing..........



No comments: