Friday 18 March 2016

......If you've got my back I'll go on.......

 I often think things through and clear my head of rubbish whilst cycling, it takes my mind off the actual effort of propelling my bulk up the hills and when that's done, there's always the view to admire. It's very therapeutic and today it crossed my mind I haven't bored anyone with a blog for a while.

I've not blogged for so long, I've not been inclined to, which isn't good, I've not had the the inclination to do a lot of things. This is a kind of cathartic blog which is a big word, well it is for a bear of very little brain.

The last year has been a bit of a rollercoaster, not exactly a 'Annus Horribilis' as Lizzie once put it but it was interesting to say the least. Physically I didn't feel quite right all year, perhaps it's my age catching up with me or I just wasn't trying hard enough. I had the massive high with the arrival of our beautiful grandson, closely followed by, two days later, the massive low of being made redundant.




Redundant, you kind of take it personally, not good enough, not worth investing in, there was all sorts of other corporate b*llshit. The prospect of trying to find a new job was something that hadn't even crossed my mind and then you're suddenly dropped the bombshell. It took some getting my head around but I struck lucky early and managed to get a job lined up locally. At the end of it all, 176 lost their jobs, some more, sad day.

Times goes on though and you have to remember what you've got, family and friends, the ones that you love, that's what is important in life, well to me anyway.


So I'll keep cycling, taking pics and enjoying life  with my beautiful family and friends, onwards and upwards, I'll let Frank sing us out........



No comments: